KO Sport partners Kate Saint and Olivia Nicholson have been imparting their coaching knowledge to adults enrolled at Fairfield Neighbourhood Learning Centre, Carnforth Drive, Worcester. WR4 9HG.
The 22 week course accredits the learners with an NVQ 1 in Active Sports and Leisure. Course content includes:
• Sport – defining and identifying its place in society.
• Community – defining and identifying its place in society, esp locally to Fairfield and surrounding areas.
• Setting objectives.
• Preparing a coaching plan.
• An introduction to practical coaching skills in order to impart safe and fun sessions in a given sport.
• Understanding and practising coaching techniques.
• An introduction to health and safety in sport.
• Deliver a minimum of two assessed coaching sessions.
• Evaluating outcomes and reviewing initial objectives.
• Working with real equipment.
• Working with real customers.
• Working with real facilities.
• Produce a portfolio of evidence for all units.
• Next steps.
Sensible shoes. All weather clothing (outside practicals). Drinks. Writing material.
Contact Fairfield Learning Centre on 01905 758420 for further information on how to enrol.