KO Sport is fully aware that budgets are coming under increasing pressure but with the need for services still remaining. That is why KO sport has developed Sporty Stars which has been designed with budget constraints in mind. Sporty Stars is based on the principles of our acclaimed Soccer Stars programme which is aimed at EYFS i.e. 3-5 year olds.
We provide fun, active and educational sporting activities to take place within schools, through a series of classes to run through school term time and/or during school holidays.
The sessions, which last a minimum of 60mins, will encourage participants to learn and develop a basic understanding of:
- team work
- awareness of environment
- listening to and understanding instructions
- development of self-confidence
- stopping and starting
- kicking, dribbling and stopping a ball (ball control)
- skills (turning, shooting, feigning)
- bouncing a ball
- changing pace and direction
- using and learning about different parts of body to achieve the goal
- watching and copying
- re-enforcing and solidifying learnt skills
- using imagination
- concept of winning and taking part
- sense of personal achievement
- decision making
- language development (storytelling and acting games)
- improving social skills (team work, taking turns)
Our sports related classes capture the imagination of the participants as we lead them through a series of skills and techniques which have been incorporated into stories with characters and adventures.
Our experience has shown us that this approach encourages more children at both the foundation stage and key stage 1 to want to take part in physical education and ensures their early experience of sport is positive and fun. This should instil a good basis for future activities and is paramount in contributing to the embedding of sport as a lifelong, fun experience.
For more information on the Sporty Stars course please click on the below button to submit an enquiry and we will respond as soon as possible.